Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chapter 5

How do my colleagues classrooms look like those in the chapter? You will (probably have!) see lots of variety at McGregor. You will see whole group instruction, but you will also see circles. You will see small groups of various sizes with various purposes practically everywhere! I haven't seen anyone in the custodian's closet yet, but there is room for a couple of chairs in there.. I love the idea that we are going to target our special ed kids to make sure that group gets AYP. I believe that if I design instruction that benefits the neediest kids, the whole group will benefit! But I think we are really good at flexible grouping.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if we are all good. I look at myself and know that many times I have said to the Title teacher....read this book with them, it is on their level, discuss, etc. Many times it is not on their level and I feel thatI haven't presented to the title teacher what I really am looking for her to be assessing in group. I know that I can be alot better and hopefully through this book study, I will take some ideas and get better at it! It's all about the growing! Dennine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the key here is that differentiation can and should happen at every age, for all academic levels. I remember when we did “Working on the Work.” I didn’t always have a “WOW” lesson, but it was always in the back of my mind, and I almost always tried to at least incorporate some aspect of “WOW.” The first step is to think of yourself as a teacher who differentiates. As you prepare your weekly lesson plans, include an activity for struggling learners and one for advanced learners in addition to the main lesson. Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete