Saturday, November 12, 2011

Next week we will read "Jane Goodall's 10 Ways to Save"
I believe it is wildlife, and thinking about how to differentiate. My students read the text in circles. The skill is fact and opinion, so I think this would be a good place for a letter to the editor or a public service announcement. Either product would allow the student to demonstrate an understanding of Jane Goodall's ideas by applying it to everyday life in the letter or announcement. I want students to have a choice of product because I know that I have some very good writers, but others are much better at telling what they know. Now I need to go figure out when to fit this in...
I am glad that this chart is included. I had a list of 100 possible products from WOW training that I misplaced. I need a list because "make a poster' is my go-to product and I definitely tend to over-use it. I was also glad that making the implicit explicit was include. Having FCA's for a project is a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Your products sound like good ideas. I think offering student choice of product really increases engagement and motivation. If your ultimate goal is understanding of fact and opinion and not necessarily writing, you may want to consider greater alternatives to your products. For example, your public service announcement could be an actual performance. Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete