Saturday, November 12, 2011

How do I decide which strategy to use in my classroom. Vic used to complain that i did it by the seat of my pants, to which I replied that they were very educated pants. I have noticed that I need to differentiate my differentiation this year. I love to use math games to address weaknesses and challenge advanced students in math. This year I joined a group of boys who'd decided they'd rather play poker than Division Top-it, and Go Fish instead of First to One Hundred. So I think I need to use exit slips! Last year I had students invent a game to practice rounding and that worked well. Maybe those students can create a GO Fish that involves fractions!
I have noticed that this year I have students who excel at talking but are not so good at listening. So I also think I need to make use of the dance routine from our PD day. Well, we didn't call it that but since they dance in the hall I'm sure the walk around until the music stops will become dance around. The hard part will be getting the discussion topics prepared. My energy is sapped from dealing with the daily paperwork. That and not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment